Saturday, January 30, 2010

Cheap Produce!

Who doesn't like cheap fresh produce? I have been reading about this coop called http://www.bountifulbaskets.org/ and have been wanting to try them out. I finally did today and wow it was great! Since this was my first week I paid a new basket fee of $3 and then there is a $1.5 handling fee. Plus you make a donation of $15 for the produce.
So you get $50 worth of fresh produce for a total of $16.50 after your first week. This picture is what I got. You don't get to choose what you get, but its always half veggies and half fruit. There is also additional packs you can add to your first basket. For example there is bread, or a Mexican pack, some weeks a citrus pack. Of course you pay a little extra for and additional packs you add on. Next week I might try some of the bread packs. Anyways check out their website, its pretty cool.

Here is a list of everything I actually got...
5 Grapefruit
10 Bananas
11 Pears
10 Apples
10 Oranges
4 Small Zucchini
9 Baby Cucumbers
1 head of Lettuce
1 Bunch of Asparagus
8 Large Tomatoes
2 Large Red Bell peppers
1lb of Carrots

All in all I am very excited for everything I got. I was planning on doing this today so I held out on shopping so that I wouldn't have stuff I had already bought. And this just made it so I don't have to go shopping. I can't wait to cook up the asparagus. YUM. Actually all of it looks so good.

2 comments:

The Picketts said...

I've been doing this for a couple of years now..LOVE IT! Glad you get to do it too! :o)

King J, Queen M, Princess E and Princess M said...

YUMMY!! I did a co op when we lived in Tooele. We got fruit, veggies, breads, rice, meats and a few other things. It was AWESOME!! I miss it so much. They don't have stuff like that here in Georgia.