Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Turning 30!

So this year for my Birthday, Troy took James to Church and I stayed home with Isaac who was sick. Which was great, because I took the time to cook the dinner that I wanted, and bake the cake that I wanted. I guess that's what you get when your pregnant and turning 30. It was much easier to just do it myself. I made buffalo wings for dinner. My cake was a strawberry cake with a cool whip and cream cheese frosting and then layered with fresh strawberries. Everything turned out great.
My Birthday Cake!!! James waiting to eat his piece.

So I reached the big 30! Crazy...I am no longer in my 20's. Its funny thinking back over the last few years and all the changes. At church when new couples move in or a missionary comes back it seems like just yesterday that I was doing that, but I have married for 6 years, and I have been back from my mission for almost 8 years. It has gone so fast and I wouldn't trade any of it. So on to a new year, full of new surprises and challenges. YEAH!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy (belated) Birthday! -- The cake looks great! ... I still think you should train Troy on How to make it... that way, next year you don't have to make your own. :)

King J, Queen M, Princess E and Princess M said...

Happy, Happy Birthday Lacy dear! That cake looks delish. And you are right it goes way, way to fast.