Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Canning finally finished!!!!

So a couple of weeks ago I finally finished canning for the season. I canned peaches, pears and raspberry jam. All of it turned out great, but it took a lot of effort and my feet were very tired by the time I was done. But I am glad to have it all in our food storage.
Troy and I have been working hard to acquire a food storage this year, he worked extra shifts to help pay for it all, and I spent many hours researching and printing coupons and shopping all the sales. So we now feel like we are fully stocked.

We didn't have much success this year hunting. So we butchered another half of a cow this month to add to our freezer. But we still have some of the deer and elk and small amount of the cow from last left. Its great when you can go to the store and not have to worry about puchasing meat. It can make the bill so much lower.

2 comments:

Jeff and Alyssa Hertzler said...

I'm so impressed with all of your canning and food starage. I'm sure it wasn't easy so way too go!!

King J, Queen M, Princess E and Princess M said...

WAY TO GO!!! I was so sad with our move that I had to give away all of my jar stuff. I have to start from scratch again this next summer.